Thursday 1 February 2018

Off-topic Thursday #1


Yes, that's a Sims house. Yes, I built it. It has suffered though many renovations, and looks fairly interesting now. It's quite the departure from worrying about intellectual honesty in religion and etiological myths in the Bible. (I completely apologize to the one reader who didn't see this coming.)

Inescapably, the houses people build are going to be a reflection of their personality. That's the psychologically interesting part. I'm wondering to myself if some apologists would build an imaginary pixel Noah's Ark. I wonder if even in-game they'd never send the kids to school lest they learn about actual science, or never take medicine because of a Big Pharma conspiracy. My guess is that a lot of the psychological baggage we have in the real world carries over into an imaginary one.

No comments: